Sun, 18 Oct|
Meet Outside Blue Reef Aquarium
Beginner Landscape Photography Course Hampshire Level 3 (04/10/20)
If you already have a basic understanding of your camera, this course is designed to take you to the next level. Designed specifically for Landscape Photography, the level 3 course is suitable for anyone who is already confident in using some of the manual modes but looking to
Time & Location
18 Oct 2020, 11:00 – 13:30
Meet Outside Blue Reef Aquarium, Blue Reef Aquarium, Portsmouth, Southsea PO5 3PB, UK
About The Event
What happens on the day?
We will be looking at a variety of subject, including;
- Rule of Thirds
- Focal Point (What's Your subject?)
- Basic Settings (starting point)
- Introduction to Long Exposures
- Introduction to HDR (bracketing)
This course is completely practical and these topics are delivered in a fun, enthusiastic and jargon-free style.
Who will be there on the day?
The training will be led by Andy Hornby. As a highly experienced, published photographer, he has a broad knowledge of all cameras to ensure you get the best from the day.
What do I need?
The topics covered, on this course, lead on perfectly from my Photography Level 2 Course, and as such, I have found this to be a popular next step. Although it is not a necessity, I do suggest that you have a good understanding of your camera, prior to the course, by being able to control Aperture, Shutter and ISO, as these topics will not be covered in great depth.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the course, to maximise your potential.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). Something with interchangeable lenses would be a preference.
- Tripod - You will need one.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure).
- Filters - If you have any, bring them.
Anything else is a bonus.
Food and drink will not be provided, unfortunately. So please bring provisions and/or money to buy food and drink, throughout the day.
COVID-19 and How it affects you
Workshops and Photo Walks will have extra conditions for attendees to adhere to. Namely;
- Up to 6 people - this means, me plus 5 attendees, MAX.
- Social distancing - 2 Metres people.
- Hand wipes - I'll be handing out hand wipes for you to use before and after the event.
- If you want to wear your own face covering, you can bring it, but this is not compulsory.
Movements from one location to another will need to follow strict social distancing rules. Andy Hornby reserves the right to refuse attendance to anyone that shows signs of COVID symptoms, or does not adhere to the rules above (the attendee will waiver the right to a refund in these circumstances).
If an attendee does not attend the event, because of the onset of COVID - a full refund will be given, if a valid test result slip can be produced.
Andy Hornby may record video for my YouTube Channel, so if you prefer not to be on camera, please let me know on the day and I will do my best to exclude you from the Vlog.
If you have any issues, please contact Andy on info@Andy-Hornby.co.uk
Andy Hornby assumes no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the course in transit thereto.
Andy Hornby can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided.
Andy Hornby reserves the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the course due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the course we will provide a full refund which the participants acknowledge as full and final settlement.
There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property. By joining the course participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the course. Further, they release the photographer from any liability. We will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a course.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that Andy Hornby Photography may contact you from time to time, via email. This will only be to let you know when the event is, and a reminder a few days before. Andy Hornby may also ask for a review, so you may get an email after the event also.