Durdle Door & Lulworth Cove (Oct-2020)
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a 2-part workshop - you'll have the option to attend one, or the other, or as a discount, you can choose both together.
The first part will start at Durdle Door (meet at the top of the Door Steps at 9am - https://what3words.com/bulge.sketch.central)
The second part will be at Lulworth Cove (Meet at the Car Park at 1pm - https://what3words.com/layover.bookshop.audit)
What happens on the day?
We will be looking at a variety of subject, including;
- Rule of Thirds
- Focal Point (What's Your subject?)
- Basic Settings (starting point)
- Introduction to Filters
- Introduction to Long Exposures
- Introduction to HDR (bracketing)
- Introduction to Panoramas
This course is completely practical and these topics are delivered in a fun, enthusiastic and jargon-free style.
Who will be there on the day?
The training will be led by Andy Hornby. As a highly experienced, published photographer, he has a broad knowledge of all cameras to ensure you get the best from the day.
What do I need?
The topics covered, on this course, lead on perfectly from my Photography Level 2 Course, and as such, I have found this to be a popular next step. Although it is not a necessity, I do suggest that you have a good understanding of your camera, prior to the course, by being able to control Aperture, Shutter and ISO, as these topics will not be covered in great depth.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the course, to maximise your potential.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is not free and you will need to pay in both car parks, so be prepared.
Lulworth Cove Car Park - BH20 5RQ
Durdle Door Car Park - BH20 5PU (drive past the caravan site - Opens at 9am, so you may need to be careful and not rush down the hill - we will be starting at the top of the stairs so you may only miss the first 20 minutes or so).
I intend to park at Lulworth and walk to Durdle Door earlier. My day will end at Lulworth, so it makes sense to park there. If you are doing both events, then I would suggest doing the same. But be prepared to walk the 1 mile treck over hills and far away! ;)
We will be walking very far, so comfortable clothng and shes will be a necessity. Layers to stay warm and gloves would be advisable.
COVID-19 and How it affects you
Workshops and Photo Walks will have extra conditions for attendees to adhere to. Namely;
- Up to 6 people - this means, me plus 5 attendees, MAX.
- Social distancing - 2 Metres people.
- Hand wipes - I'll be handing out hand wipes for you to use before and after the event.
- If you want to wear your own face covering, you can bring it, but this is not compulsory.
Movements from one location to another will need to follow strict social distancing rules. Andy Hornby reserves the right to refuse attendance to anyone that shows signs of COVID symptoms, or does not adhere to the rules above (the attendee will waiver the right to a refund in these circumstances).
If an attendee does not attend the event, because of the onset of COVID - a full refund will be given, if a valid test result slip can be produced.
Andy Hornby may record video for my YouTube Channel, so if you prefer not to be on camera, please let me know on the day and I will do my best to exclude you from the Vlog.
Andy Hornby assumes no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or in transit thereto.Andy Hornby can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided.
Andy Hornby reserves the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the workshop we will provide a full refund which the participants acknowledge as full and final settlement.
There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property. By joining the workshop participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop. Further, they release the photographer from any liability. We will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a workshop.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that Andy Hornby Photography may contact you from time to time, via email. This will only be to let you know when the event is, and a reminder a few days before. Andy Hornby may also ask for a review, so you may get an email after the event also.
If you have any issues, please contact Andy on info@Andy-Hornby.co.uk
- Lulworth Cove 13:00 - 16:00£55£550£0
- Durdle Door 09:00 - 12:00£55£550£0
- Durdle Door & Lulworth Cove£95£950£0