Sat, 17 Dec|
Durdle Door (Sunrise through the door) & Lulworth Cove (Dec-2022)
The Jurassic Coast at it's best. This Landscape/Seascape workshop will get you up to scratch with the basics and some more advanced Photography. Gaining experience as well as a great set of portfolio grade images.
Time & Location
17 Dec 2022, 07:30 – 14:00
Durdle Door, Durdle Door, Wareham BH20 5PU, UK
About The Event
This is a 2-part workshop - you'll have the option to attend one, or the other, or as a discount, you can choose both together.
The first part will start at Durdle Door (meet at the top of the Door Steps at 7:30am - https://what3words.com/bulge.sketch.central) We will attempt (with the help from the weather), to get the sunrise through the door at some point after 8:20. This only happens at this time of the year, as the angle of the sunrise differers throught the year.
The second part will be at Lulworth Cove (Meet at the Car Park at 11:30pm - https://what3words.com/layover.bookshop.audit)
What happens on the day?
We will be looking at a variety of subject, including;
- Rule of Thirds
- Focal Point (What's Your subject?)
- Basic Settings (starting point)
- Introduction to Filters
- Introduction to Long Exposures
- Introduction to HDR (bracketing)
- Introduction to Panoramas
This course is completely practical and these topics are delivered in a fun, enthusiastic and jargon-free style.
Who will be there on the day?
The training will be led by Andy Hornby. As a highly experienced, published photographer, he has a broad knowledge of all cameras to ensure you get the best from the day.
What do I need?
The topics covered, on this course, lead on perfectly from my Photography Level 2 Course, and as such, I have found this to be a popular next step. Although it is not a necessity, I do suggest that you have a good understanding of your camera, prior to the course, by being able to control Aperture, Shutter and ISO, as these topics will not be covered in great depth.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the course, to maximise your potential.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is not free and you will need to pay in both car parks, so be prepared.
Lulworth Cove Car Park - BH20 5RQ
Durdle Door Car Park - BH20 5PU (drive past the caravan site - Opens at 9am).
I intend to park at Lulworth and walk to Durdle Door earlier. My day will end at Lulworth, so it makes sense to park there. If you are doing both events, then I would suggest doing the same. But be prepared to walk the 1 mile treck over hills and far away! ;)
We will be walking very far, so comfortable clothng and shes will be a necessity. Layers to stay warm and gloves would be advisable.
Part 1 (Durdle Door Event)Durdle Door
Walk from Durdle Door to Lulworth Cove
Durdle Door 07:30 - 10:30
3 Hours with Andy at Durdle Door with Andy Starting at 7:15am until 10:00. Car parking fee is NOT included in this price. Meet at - https://what3words.com/bulge.sketch.central£59.00
Lulworth Cove 11:30 - 14:00
3 Hours at Lulworth Cove with Andy Starting at 11:00 until 14:00. Car parking fee is NOT included in this price. Meet at https://what3words.com/layover.bookshop.audit£59.00
Durdle Door & Lulworth Cove
From 07:15 at Durdle Door, until 14:00 at Lulworth Cove. Experience a whole day of Landscape Photography, on the Jurassic Coast, with Andy Hornby. Transfers between site and car parking is NOT included in this price. Start the day at - https://what3words.com/bulge.sketch.central£99.00