Fri, 10 Feb|
Ferry Road - Car park near the Pier
Eastney Pier Sunrise Photo Walk (Feb 2023)
Sunrise's are amazing from this location. The Sun will rise behind the Pier at approximately 07:25. Our walk will start at 07:00. Meeting in the Car Park.
Time & Location
10 Feb, 07:00 – 8:30
Ferry Road - Car park near the Pier, Ferry Rd, Portsmouth, UK
About The Event
There are some great view out to Hayling Island and the Langstone Harbour. We are hoping for clear skies! This place is great for Long Exposures and Time-Lapses.
Open to all - Sign up for a FREE ticket, through the link - This is not a workshop (See other Events for Paid Workshops), so no direct tuition will be given on the photo walk. However, Andy will be on hand to guide you towards great compositions and settings required to get that perfect shot.
- A short trek around the area.
- Guidance provided throughout the walk, on both a one to one and group basis (depending on numbers), to maximise your potential.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. Most landscape images will require long exposure, and you'll need something to stand your camera on, to leave running.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied) - snacks and water.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is free. Turn in to where it says the Sailing Club car park, at the end of the road, turn right (through the height restriction), into another [very bumpy] car park. Go to the end (far Southern end) and we will meet there. if the have the "What3Words" app - use "///among.void.badge" for the right turn off the road and then "https://www.What3Words.com/mount.tricky.wipe" for the end of the car park where we meet.
Eastney Pier Sunrise Walk