Sat, 19 Sept|
Meet at Hatchet Pond Car Park
Hatchett Pond Filters & Long Exposure
Hatchett Pond is an awesome place to shoot Long Exposure. Smooth the water out and create a lovely silky smooth sky (if there are clouds).
Time & Location
19 Sept 2020, 13:00 – 15:00
Meet at Hatchet Pond Car Park, Hatchet Pond, Brockenhurst SO41 5QU, UK
About The Event
There are some great views over Hatchett Pond. We are hoping for cloudy skies as this place is great for Long Exposures and poerhaps Time-Lapses.
Open to 5 participants, due to the current COVID-19 guidence (See below)
- An introduction to Long Exposure Photography and the principles of how to set your camera up.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential.
- Once finished shooting I will guide you through the steps I take to process and edit the images.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere (including editing techniques).
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. Required for long exposure photography.
- ND Filters - If you have any, bring them. We will be doing exposures from 3 seconds, up to (anything - Iv'e done a 17 minute exposure before). Your camera will probably only allow you to go up to 30 seconds in bulb mode.
- Off camera shutter release - this is essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied on the Workshop) - snacks and water.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is not free and road parking is potentially regulated by permits, so you may need a few pounds to park. We will be walking about a bit, and it may get cold, so wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
COVID-19 and How it affects you
Workshops and Photo Walks will have extra conditions for attendees to adhere to. Namely;
- Up to 6 people - this means, me plus 5 attendees, MAX.
- Social distancing - 2 Metres people.
- Hand wipes - I'll be handing out hand wipes for you to use before and after the event.
- If you want to wear your own face covering, you can bring it, but this is not compulsory.
Movements from one location to another will need to follow strict social distancing rules. Andy Hornby reserves the right to refuse attendance to anyone that shows signs of COVID symptoms, or does not adhere to the rules above (the attendee will waiver the right to a refund in these circumstances).
If an attendee does not attend the event, because of the onset of COVID - a full refund will be given, if a valid test result slip can be produced.
Andy Hornby may record video for my YouTube Channel, so if you prefer not to be on camera, please let me know on the day and I will do my best to exclude you from the Vlog.
Andy Hornby assumes no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or in transit thereto.
Andy Hornby can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided.
Andy Hornby reserves the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the workshop we will provide a full refund which the participants acknowledge as full and final settlement.
There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property. By joining the workshop participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop. Further, they release the photographer from any liability. We will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a workshop.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that Andy Hornby Photography may contact you from time to time, via email. This will only be to let you know when the event is, and a reminder a few days before. Andy Hornby may also ask for a review, so you may get an email after the event also.
If you have any issues, please contact Andy on info@Andy-Hornby.co.uk