Sat, 05 Mar|
The Quayside, close to Wheat Sheaf Close
Isle of Dogs & Canary Wharf (March-2022)
The spectacular views of Canary Wharf, from the outer and inner docks (on the Isle of Dogs), are absolutely fantastic. And something a photographer should experience, at least once in their lifetime. Join me on this epic journey of Cityscapes, awesome sly-lines and reflections to die for!
Time & Location
05 Mar 2022, 13:00 – 19:00
The Quayside, close to Wheat Sheaf Close, 153 Wheat Sheaf Cl, London E14 9XE, UK
About The Event
This is a 2-part workshop - you'll have the option to attend one, or the other. Or as a discount, you can choose both together. See ticket options for prices.
Part 1 - Daytime - 1pm until 4pm.
Part 2 - Evening/Night - 5pm until 7pm (maybe a little later). FYI - Sunset is at 17:50
Both the first part and second part, of this workshop will start at the same place. And will follow nearly the same route through the docks and Canary Wharf. See here for the starting point - https://what3words.com/gains.pace.cuts
What happens on the day?
We will be looking at a variety of subject, including;
- Rule of Thirds
- Focal Point (What's Your subject?)
- Basic Settings (starting point)
- Introduction to Filters
- Introduction to Long Exposures
- Introduction to HDR (bracketing)
- Introduction to Panoramas
This course is completely practical and these topics are delivered in a fun, enthusiastic and jargon-free style.
Who will be there on the day?
The training will be led by Andy Hornby. As a highly experienced, published photographer, he has a broad knowledge of all cameras to ensure you get the best from the day.
What do I need?
The topics covered, on this course, lead on perfectly from my Photography Level 2 Course, and as such, I have found this to be a popular next step. Although it is not a necessity, I do suggest that you have a good understanding of your camera, prior to the course, by being able to control Aperture, Shutter and ISO, as these topics will not be covered in great depth.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the course, to maximise your potential.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is not free and you will need to pay in the car parks at Canary Wharf, so be prepared. There is limited private on road parking near to the starting point, but there are signs asking that non residents DO NOT park and there are penalties for those that do.
Train station - Canary Wharf is the biggest underground. But the nearest station to the starting point is Mudchute (DLR). This is just a few moment walk to the start. The DLR is not part of the underground and you will need to walk from Canary Wharf to get on this train. Follow the signs to Heron Quays DLR. Mudchute is a couple of stops down the line.
We will be walking very far, so comfortable clothng and shes will be a necessity. Layers to stay warm and gloves would be advisable.
Make sure to read the disclaimers before continuing.
Part 1 (Day)Mill Quay
- Ticket type
Isle of Dogs - Daytime
3 Hours with Andy during the day. Meet at - https://what3words.com/gains.pace.cutsPrice£59.00
- Ticket type
Isle of Dogs - Evening
2 Hours (maybe more) with Andy during the evening. Meet at - https://what3words.com/gains.pace.cutsPrice£55.00
- Ticket type
Isle of Dogs - Day & Night
Experience this amazing location during the day and throughout the evening, with one ticket. Meet at - https://what3words.com/gains.pace.cutsPrice£98.00