Fri, 07 Apr|
Hover Craft Terminal
Landscape Photo Walk FREE (Old Portsmouth) (07-04-23)
2 Hour Photo Walk along the Seafront from The Hovercraft and around Old Portsmouth. This is a great chance to scope out new locations for those Pros, or if you're more a hobbyist, this is a great opportunity to get a portfolio started.
Time & Location
07 Apr, 13:00 – 15:00
Hover Craft Terminal, Southsea, Portsmouth, Southsea PO5 3AD, UK
About The Event
Southsea and Old Portsmouth is a beautiful district of Portsmouth, encompassing the coastline of one of the most densely packed cities in England. Photographic opportunities can be seen in every direction along this great coastline.
Open to all - This is not a workshop (See other Events for Paid Workshops), so no direct tuition will be given on the photo walk. However, Andy will be on hand to guide you towards great compositions and settings required to get that perfect shot.
- A short walk along the the seafront in Old Portsmouth.
- Guidance provided throughout the walk, on both a one to one and group basis (depending on numbers), to maximise your potential.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied) - snacks and water.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is not free at the car park, so please bring enough to cover two hours parking.
Photo Walk Old Portsmouth