Sat, 18 Mar|
Landscape Photography Workshop Corfe Castle (March 2023)
This is an awesome event at one of the South's most iconic locations. Don't miss this amazing Sunrise Workshop.
Time & Location
18 Mar, 05:15 – 08:00 GMT
Corfe Castle, East St, Corfe Castle, Wareham BH20 5DR, UK
About The Event
Corfe Castle is a fortification standing above the village of the same name on the Isle of Purbeck peninsula in the English county of Dorset. Built by William the Conqueror, the castle dates to the 11th century and commands a gap in the Purbeck Hills on the route between Wareham and Swanage.
Join me in the NT Car Park (https://what3words.com/path.veal.happening) to then make the walk up to the infamous gate at the top of the adjacent hill - to look back on the castle at sunrise. This is not a trip for anyone that isn't fit enough to climb a very steep hill. We will be getting there when it is dark, so this will make the treck even more dagerous for anyone will walking difficulties. You are responsible for your own health and safety, so be warned that the walk from the car park to the hillside, is not easy. We will stay in the area for some time and work on many different aspects of photography, form a few locations.
This is not a beginner workshop, so it is understood that you can exposure yourself (hopefully in a Manual Mode) and your camera settings - However, Andy will help out where needed.
- A tour around the area of the hillsides near to Corfe Castle - the main shoot will be from the "gate" at the top of the main hill to the west of the castle. And any other location that suits.
- The workshop will cover Landscape Settings, Introduction to HDRs (Bracketing), Introduction to Filters, introduction to Long Exposures, introduction to Panoramas, introduction to Time-Lapses and anything else the participants want to discuss.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere (including editing techniques).
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is reletively cheap in the NT car park and up to 4 hours. There is some (unauthorised) roadside parking nearby, but this will be at your own risk as I think the area is covered by parking wardens. The nearest station is Wareham.
Due to the time sensive nature of this workshop (i.e. sunrise), if you are late to the car park, we will have to leave you behind and you will need to find your own way up the hillside. We leave the car park at 5:40 for a 6:25 sunrise.
We will be walking about a lot, and it may get cold, so wear appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes.
Food and drink will not be provided, unfortunately. So please bring provisions and/or money to buy food and drink, throughout the day.
Corfe Castle Sunrise Workshop