Fri, 03 Sept|
Ferry Road - Car park near the Pier
Light Painting Workshop | Shapes/Orbs (03/09/21)
Light Painting can be really spectacular, if done right. I'll show you how to create art with light. Join me and we'll have some fun in the process too.
Time & Location
03 Sept 2021, 19:45 – 21:45
Ferry Road - Car park near the Pier, Ferry Rd, Portsmouth, UK
About The Event
LIGHT PAINTING / LONG EXPOSURE
Light painting is an imaging technique that uses a moving light source to add light to an under-illuminated subject (or night scene) while taking a long-exposure photograph. A scene or object can be brought to life by painting with a beam of light!
This is NOT a Beginner Photography Workshop. It is understood that you know how to use your camera as I will not have time to teach this on the workshop. I have other workshops on Beginner Photography and Long Exposure Photography.
- An introduction to Light Painting and the principles of how to set your camera up.
- Showcase of simple light shapes and orbs. Then how to get detailed orbs.
- A short tour around Eastney Pier. Setting up for [and executing] these shots will take time, so there will only be one or two locations on this workshop.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential.
- Off-Camera Shutter Release - this is essential as we will be taking exposure of up to 1 minute, or 90 seconds. Please learn how to use it before the workshop. as I may not have time to teach this on the night.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied on the Workshop) - snacks and water.
Any kind of light source. I will be using my light wands (Light Sabres), or varying colours. And will have a few other tricks up my sleeve, so don't worry if you do not have anything. Worth bringing a torch for the times you need to change setting etc. These must be turned off during the lightpainting session.
Parking is free. Turn in to where it says the Sailing Club car park, at the end of the road, turn right (through the height restriction), into another [very bumpy] car park. Go to the end (far Southern end) and we will meet there - https://what3words.com/sends.wooden.lofts
Light Painting Workshop Orbs£59.00