Fri, 12 Nov|
Meet outside the Spice Island Inn
Master Long Exposure Workshop Old Portsmouth (12/11/21)
Ever wanted to master long exposure photography? Get those dreamy skies or the silky water. Or do you want to remove people or moving objects from a composition. I will show you the easy way.
Time & Location
12 Nov 2021, 10:00 – 12:00
Meet outside the Spice Island Inn, Spice Island Inn, 1 Bath Square, Portsmouth PO1 2JL, UK
About The Event
This is a Portfolio Building Workshop
Old Portsmouth is a beautiful district of Portsmouth, encompassing the coastline of one of the most densely packed cities in England. Photographic opportunities can be seen in every direction along this great coastline.
This workshop will start at 15:00pm and will finish around 15:00pm (We may finish earlier if a small number of people turn up). This is only open to 8 people. The ticket price is £49 per person.
- An introduction to Long Exposure Photography and the principles of how to set your camera up.
- A short tour around Old Portsmouth. Setting up for these shots will take time, so there will only be two or three locations on this workshop.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential.
- Once finished shooting I will guide you through the steps I take to process and edit the images.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere (including editing techniques).
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. Required for long exposure photography.
- ND Filters - If you have any, bring them. We will be doing exposures from 3 seconds, up to (anything - Iv'e done a 17 minute exposure before). Your camera will probably only allow you to go up to 30 seconds in bulb mode.
- Off camera shutter release - this is essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied on the Workshop) - snacks and water.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is not free and road parking is potentially regulated by permits, so you may need a few pounds to park. We will be walking about a bit, and it may get cold, so wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
Long Exposure Workshop