Tue, 16 Jul|
Meet outside the Spice Island Inn
Master Long Exposure Workshop Old Portsmouth (Jul-2019)
Ever wanted to master long exposure photography? Get those dreamy skies or the silky water. Or do you want to remove people or moving objects from a composition. I will show you the easy way.
Time & Location
16 Jul 2019, 17:30 – 19:30
Meet outside the Spice Island Inn, Spice Island Inn, 1 Bath Square, Portsmouth PO1 2JL, UK
About The Event
This is a Portfolio Building Workshop
Old Portsmouth is a beautiful district of Portsmouth, encompassing the coastline of one of the most densely packed cities in England. Photographic opportunities can be seen in every direction along this great coastline.
This workshop may finish earlier than the stated time, if a small number of people turn up. This is only open to 8 people. The ticket price is £45 per person.
- An introduction to Long Exposure Photography and the principles of how to set your camera up.
- A short tour around Old Portsmouth. Setting up for these shots will take time, so there will only be two or three locations on this workshop.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential.
- Once finished shooting I will guide you through the steps I take to process and edit the images.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere (including editing techniques).
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. Required for long exposure photography.
- ND Filters - If you have any, bring them. We will be doing exposures from 3 seconds, up to (anything - Iv'e done a 17 minute exposure before). Your camera will probably only allow you to go up to 30 seconds in bulb mode.
- Off camera shutter release - this is essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied on the Workshop) - snacks and water.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is not free and road parking is potentially regulated by permits, so you may need a few pounds to park. We will be walking about a bit, and it may get cold, so wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
Andy Hornby may record video for my YouTube Channel, so if you prefer not to be on camera, please let me know on the day and I will do my best to exclude you from the Vlog.
Andy Hornby assumes no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or in transit thereto.
Andy Hornby can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided.
Andy Hornby reserves the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the workshop we will provide a full refund which the participants acknowledge as full and final settlement.
There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property. By joining the workshop participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop. Further, they release the photographer from any liability. We will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a workshop.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that Andy Hornby Photography may contact you from time to time, via email. This will only be to let you know when the event is, and a reminder a few days before. Andy Hornby may also ask for a review, so you may get an email after the event also.
If you have any issues, please contact Andy on info@Andy-Hornby.co.uk
Long Exposure Workshop