Sat, 12 Jan|
Netley Abbey Photo Walk FREE 12/1/19
2 Hour Photo Walk around Netley Abbey. This is a great chance to scope out new locations for those Pros, or if you're more a hobbyist, this is a great opportunity to get a portfolio started.
Time & Location
12 Jan 2019, 11:00 – 13:00
Netley Abbey, Abbey Hill, Netley, Southampton SO31 5FB, UK
About The Event
Netley Abbey is a ruined late medieval monastery in the village of Netley near Southampton in Hampshire, England. The abbey was founded in 1239 as a house for monks of the austere Cistercian order. Despite royal patronage, Netley was never rich, produced no influential scholars nor churchmen, and its nearly 300-year history was quiet. The monks were best known to their neighbours for the generous hospitality they offered to travellers on land and sea.
Meet in the Car Park, at the entrance to the site.
Open to all - No Limit - Sign up for a FREE ticket, through the link if you can please. This helps me keep track of guest numbers - This is not a workshop (See other Events for Paid Workshops), so no direct tuition will be given on the photo walk. However, Andy will be on hand to guide you towards great compositions and settings required to get that perfect shot.
- A trek around the area of the site.
- Guidance provided throughout the walk, on both a one to one and group basis (depending on numbers), to maximise your potential.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied) - snacks and water.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is free in the car park but it is limited - no drone flying.
Andy Hornby may record video for my YouTube Channel, so if you prefer not to be on camera, please let me know on the day and I will do my best to exclude you from the Vlog.
Andy Hornby assumes no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or in transit thereto.
Andy Hornby can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided.
Andy Hornby reserves the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the workshop we will provide a full refund which the participants acknowledge as full and final settlement.
There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property. By joining the workshop participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop. Further, they release the photographer from any liability. We will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a workshop.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that Andy Hornby Photography may contact you from time to time, via email. This will only be to let you know when the event is, and a reminder a few days before. Andy Hornby may also ask for a review, so you may get an email after the event also.
If you have any issues, please contact Andy on info@Andy-Hornby.co.uk