Portsdown Hill Chalk Pit Photo Walk FREE 05/06/19
Time & Location
About The Event
Portsdown Hill is located to the north of Portsmouth and is a chalk down that rises to 390 feet at its highest point. It runs from Havant in the East to Fareham in the west. The hill is jointly owned by Portsmouth City Council, Fareham Borough Council and the Ministry of Defence. Portsdown Hill has been a site of human occupation since prehistoric times. Burial sites have been found from neolithic, bronze age, iron age and saxon times.
2 Hour Photo Walk from the Mill Lane Car Park, west along the hills and chalk pit of Portsdown Hill. We will be meeting at the Mill Lane Car Park, just west of Fort Widley.
- Guidance provided throughout the walk, on both a one to one and group basis (depending on numbers), to maximise your potential.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a Long lens (Somewhere in the 70mm-200mm range), that would be beneficial for this trip.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied) - snacks and water.
- Bring a torch - after the sun has gone down, it will get dark fast and the walk back may be hazardous.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is free in the car park.
Andy Hornby may record video for my YouTube Channel, so if you prefer not to be on camera, please let me know on the day and I will do my best to exclude you from the Vlog.
Andy Hornby assumes no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or in transit thereto.
Andy Hornby can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided.
Andy Hornby reserves the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the workshop we will provide a full refund which the participants acknowledge as full and final settlement.
There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property. By joining the workshop participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop. Further, they release the photographer from any liability. We will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a workshop.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that Andy Hornby Photography may contact you from time to time, via email. This will only be to let you know when the event is, and a reminder a few days before. Andy Hornby may also ask for a review, so you may get an email after the event also.
If you have any issues, please contact Andy on info@Andy-Hornby.co.uk
- Photo Walk Portsdown Hill£0£00£0