Sun, 17 Feb|
Palmerston Road - outside Debenhams
Street Portraiture Workshop
This is a PORTFOLIO BUILDING WORKSHOP, which means you get to not only learn how to create amazing images, but you have the opportunity to work with a model at the workshop, to create images to build your portfolio.
Time & Location
17 Feb 2019, 12:00 – 16:00
Palmerston Road - outside Debenhams, Palmerston Rd, Portsmouth, Southsea PO5, UK
About The Event
This is a Portfolio Building Workshop.
We will be utilising the Palmerston Road/ Southsea high street and also a great location for graffiti. Different to my other Lighting and Posing workshop, this one will take place as an actual Street Portraiture Photo Shoot. from start to finish, we will be looking at natural light, and improvised lighting situations (to include reflectors, LEDs, flashguns and my monolight setup).
This is going to be a very popular Workshop and I imagine tickets will sell fast.
This workshop will start at 12:00pm and will finish around 4:00pm. This is only open to 10 people. The ticket price is £75 per person.
- Posing - the ABC's of posing and how you can get the best shots out of each one of your clients.
- Lighting - how to use lighting and more importantly, WHEN to use it. Subjects covered will include; natural lighting, off camera flash, and on camera flash.
- Shooting - how to get the right exposure in different shooting environments. How to shoot in complete manual including your flash! How to set your composition to include the essentials and leave out the non-essentials.
- RELEASES ARE PROVIDED FOR EACH ATTENDEE FOR THE MODEL. THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR THE RELEASE.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential. In other words, there is something for everyone to be able to do based on their respective skill level. Enough to help the newer photographers without boring the more experienced ones...:)
- Throughout the workshop, I will CC on your images.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a portrait lens (something from 50mm, 70mm up to 200mm), that would be beneficial.
Non Essential Gear;
- Lighting - I will be bringing a range of lighting, so don't feel light you have to. But if you have anything from on-camera flash to mono-lights, please bring them along.
- Please bring all of the other gear you have including monopods, tripods, reflectors, flashes, etc. and plenty of batteries. Also make sure to charge all of your gear 100% prior to the shoot so you don't end up running out. Make sure to clear your memory cards and have at least 16GB available to shoot with. I personally recommend even more if you can. I will encourage you to shoot in RAW so having the appropriate amount of memory is very important.
Parking is not free. There is a car park nearby and road parking is limited.
Please bring snacks and bottled water as many of the places we go will not have any services available for food and beverage.
Andy Hornby may record video for my YouTube Channel, so if you prefer not to be on camera, please let me know on the day and I will do my best to exclude you from the Vlog.
Andy Hornby assumes no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or in transit thereto.
Andy Hornby can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided.
Andy Hornby reserves the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the workshop we will provide a full refund which the participants acknowledge as full and final settlement.
There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property. By joining the workshop participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop. Further, they release the photographer from any liability. We will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a workshop.
If you have any issues, please contact Andy on info@Andy-Hornby.co.uk
- Ticket type
Street Portraiture WorkshopPrice£75.00
- Ticket type
Workshop Assistant Position
If you can help out, I need two assistants for this workshop. one for lighting and the other to look after my video gear (as I'll be vlogging this workshop). You won't be able to take pictures (which is why it is free), but you will definitely learn some stuff!!!Price£0.00Sold Out