Studio Day With Miss Nancy
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a day at Branded Studios in Christchurch - a huge Photography and Vidiography studio, set in the town centre.
Workshop 1. Flattering Portraits & Lighting Styles (10am until 12:30pm)
In the past few years the cost of studio lighting has fallen dramatically and for a very modest outlay you can set up your own home studio. Here's your chance to work with studio lighting and have expert help and advice to hand. This workshop is a good foundation if you're thinking of taking your portrait photography further.
- using strobe flash heads
- brollies and softboxes
- light modifiers
- lighting set-ups for classic and many other styles of portrait
- working in manual exposure mode for total control
Workshop 2. Studio Boudoir / Lingerie Photography (1pm until 3:30pm)
If you want to learn how to capture beauty in a creative and professional way, then this Lingeriie/Boudoir Workshop is a premium choice. Not only will you work with a talented tutor with decades of experience, you’ll also work with a professional model so you can learn in a practical, hands-on environment.
The workshop is aimed at all levels, so whether you’re an advanced or amateur photography you can learn at your own pace. I allow lots of time for individual feedback and will help you get the most out of the one day workshop.
- Light – explore the role of light in this type of photography and learn the different styles (hard lighting, soft lighting, low key, high key)
- Lighting equipment – discover the different lighting accessories you can use such as studio flashguns
- Lenses – what type of lenses are best for lingerie / boudoir photography?
- Props – play with a range of props and understand how to use them for effect
- Working with a model – learn the skills needed such as composition, posing, directing
- Studio set up – you’ll be taught how to set up the studio for a lingerie / boudoir shoot including backdrops, props and lighting for your mood or style.
Where: Working with studio lights throughout the day, with expert tuition to help you set up your camera, use the studio equipment and try out different lighting styles with a model, with reviews of your images throughout the day.
Equipment: Suitable for any DSLR or compact system camera with a standard hot-shoe mount (We have triggers for Sony, Nikon and Canon - if you have another system, feel free to bring your own trigger for a godox lighting setup - search "godox trigger" and add your camera manufacturer's name,m into Amazon).
Times: Full day, 10 am to 4 pm but please check your joining instructions as individual workshop times vary.
Previous Experience: To get the best from this workshop, I recommend that you have attended one or more of my Level 1 or 2 workshops, or have a good understanding of use of Aperture Priority, ISO and Shutter Speed (Exposure).
Parking: There are a few car parks in the area. Check locally for costs & restrictions.
Food and drink: There will be times when we stop for breaks. Please bring your own food. There is tea and coffee on site.
- All Day BIGG DADDY£199£1990£0
- Fashion Portraits and Lighting£99£990£0
- Lingerie / Boudoir Photography£149£1490£0