Tipner Shipwreck Landscape Photography
Time & Location
About The Event
Like most of us, I've always considered the shipwreck a landmark, as I was leaving the city. However, It always seemed to be somewhat inaccessible for photography. Now i have done a recce trip to the site, via the port solent tip. And it is as spectacular as I had imagined.
Meet in the Car Park (https://what3words.com/chew.towers.brief), by the roundabout at the entrance to the tip site. Please be aware that it is some distance to walk and over very muddy terrain - there may be a few fences and mounds to climb. To get a good vantage point, there will be a bank of rocks to traverse - THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED.
Open to all - limited to 5 people.
- A trek from the Port Solent Tip Entrance tot he ship wreck, and the crane.
- The workshop will cover Landscape Setting, Introduction to HDRs (Bracketing), Introduction to Filters, introduction to Long Exposures, introduction to Panoramas, introduction to Time-Lapses and anything else the participants want to discuss.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere (including editing techniques).
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied) - snacks and water.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is free in the car park. Meet at https://what3words.com/chew.towers.brief
- Tipner Landscape Photography£59£590£0