Sun, 18 Sept|
Meet in the car park by the Roundabout
Tipner Shipwreck Photo Walk FREE (Sept-2022)
2 Hour Photo Walk to the Tipner Shipwreck. Sunset shoot to try and capture the Wreck and/or Crane. This is a great chance to scope out new locations for those Pros, or if you're more a hobbyist, this is a great opportunity to get a portfolio started.
Time & Location
18 Sept 2022, 17:00 – 19:30
Meet in the car park by the Roundabout, 20 The Boardwalk, Portsmouth PO6 4TP, UK
About The Event
Like most of us, I've always considered the shipwreck a landmark, as I was leaving the city. However, It always seemed to be somewhat inaccessible for photography. Now i have done a recce trip to the site, via the port solent tip. And it is as spectacular as I had imagined.
Meet in the Car Park (https://what3words.com/gent.mount.month), by the roundabout at the entrance to the tip site. Please be aware that it is some distance to walk and over very muddy terrain and there is a fence to go through. To get a good vantage point when at the site, there will be a bank of rocks to traverse - THIS PHOTO WALK IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED.
Open to all - limited to 12 people - Sign up for a FREE ticket, through the link (If you're not on the list, you may be left behind) - This is not a workshop (See other Events for Paid Workshops), so no direct tuition will be given on the photo walk. However, Andy will be on hand to guide you towards great compositions and settings required to get that perfect shot.
- A trek from the Port Solent Tip Entrance tot he ship wreck, and the crane.
- Guidance provided throughout the walk, on both a one to one and group basis (depending on numbers), to maximise your potential.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied) - snacks and water.
- Bring a torch - after the sun has gone down, it will get dark fast and the walk back will be hazardous.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is free in the car park.
Photo Walk Tipner Shipwreck£0.00