Sat, 04 Nov|
Actual Meeting Place Link In Description
4 Waterfalls Landscape Workshop Wales (Nov 2023)
Come to Wales for this awe inspiring Landscape Workshop.
Time & Location
04 Nov, 07:30 – 12:30 GMT
Actual Meeting Place Link In Description, Four Waterfalls Walk, Aberdare, UK
About The Event
Embark on an enchanting journey through the heart of South Wales, where nature's beauty is on full display in the captivating Brecon Beacons. The Four Waterfalls Walk, a meticulously crafted woodland adventure, beckons the intrepid souls and nature enthusiasts alike. In this immersive expedition, you will unravel the breathtaking secrets of Waterfall Country, a realm where the very essence of wilderness whispers to your soul.
As the name suggests, this circular odyssey unveils the four magnificent falls: Sgwd Clun-Gwyn, Sgwd Isaf Clun-Gwyn, Sgwd y Pannwr, and the awe-inspiring Sgwd-yr-Eira. Each cascade possesses its own unique character and charm, transforming the banks of the meandering River Mellte into a symphony of tumbling waters and thunderous echoes that will ignite your senses.
Beholding these cascading wonders, every landscape photographer's dream, offers an unparalleled opportunity to capture the essence of untamed nature. The Four Waterfalls Walk is not for the faint of heart, as it assumes a certain level of proficiency in handling your camera, preferably in Manual Mode. Fear not, for our experienced guide, Andy, will extend a helping hand whenever necessary.
As the crisp November air envelops the landscape, remember to layer up and bring your warmest attire, for this adventure promises both a visual feast and a bracing chill. The terrain is as dynamic as the falls themselves, undulating and demanding, featuring numerous steps to conquer. To keep pace with the group, a reasonable level of fitness is required, but fret not, as Andy is dedicated to ensuring everyone's enjoyment and safety.
This workshop is a golden opportunity to immerse yourself in the captivating charm of South Wales. Don't miss your chance to be a part of an unforgettable experience that will leave an indelible mark on your soul. This is a journey that promises not only to enrich your photographic skills but also to nurture your connection with the natural world.
We will convene at 7:30 am at our designated meeting point: https://w3w.co/flipper.grower.punctuate. Our estimated adventure time spans five hours, though the allure of the falls may lead us to wander longer or shorter distances. Prepare for a day of wonder, with the flexibility to savour every moment.
For those seeking a deeper immersion, an optional overnight stay is available at the cozy B&B where Andy and his family reside. Four spacious bunk beds await, and a delicious breakfast is included in the ticket price. Let the magic of the Four Waterfalls Walk continue to embrace you as you awaken to another day of discovery in this enchanting corner of the world.
- A tour around the area of the Four Waterfalls Walk.
- The workshop will cover Landscape Settings, Introduction to HDRs (Bracketing), Introduction to Filters, introduction to Long Exposures, introduction to Panoramas, introduction to Time-Lapses and anything else the participants want to discuss.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere (including editing techniques).
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential. most landscape images will require long exposure, You'll need something to stand it on to leave running.
- Filters - If you have any, bring them. If it's not dark enough and you want a long exposure, Bring an ND.
Not so essential gear;
- Off camera shutter release - this is beneficial (essential if you have to go over 30 sec exposure) as it is getting dark, you will need to up your shutter time.
Anything else is a bonus.
Parking is FREE at the desgnated parking spot (Meeting Place). However, there are very few spaces.
We will be walking about a lot, and it may get cold, so wear appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes.
Food and drink will not be provided, unfortunately. So please bring provisions. There are no shops local to our location.
Four Waterfalls Workshop Only
This ticket if for the workshop only.£119.00
Four Waterfalls Stay-Over
This ticket if for the workshop and B&B the night before (Friday 3rd Nov).£179.00