Sat, 06 Apr|
Astro & Milky Way Photography at knowlton Church (06/04/24)
Introduction to Astro Photography is an exciting journey into the captivating realm of capturing the night sky. This photographic genre focuses on photographing stars, planets, the moon, and distant galaxies, often revealing their stunning beauty that may be invisible tot he naked eye.
Time & Location
06 Apr 2024, 23:00 – 07 Apr 2024, 05:00
Knowlton Church, Lumber Lane, Cranborne BH21 5AE, UK
About The Event
Knowlton Church, nestled in the picturesque countryside of Dorset, England, is a captivating historical gem with a rich and intriguing past. This ancient church is distinctive for its unique Norman design, featuring a striking circular layout. Built in the 12th century, Knowlton Church was originally part of a larger complex that included a Norman mansion and a monastery. Over the centuries, it has witnessed the ebb and flow of history, surviving wars and religious changes. Today, the church's weathered stone walls and serene rural surroundings provide a tranquil backdrop for visitors to explore its history and soak in the peaceful ambiance of this historic site.
Workshop Overview: Join us for an enchanting evening of photography under the stars! This workshop will introduce participants to the fascinating world of Astro Photography, capturing the beauty of the night sky. We will be capturing the Milky Way if it is available and if the conditions are right ( The Galactic core will be visible from about 2am Onwards). Please note that this workshop is weather-dependent, so come prepared for an evening of dramatic skies even if we can't see the stars.
- Camera with interchangeable lens (preferably wide aperture and wide focal length)
- Sturdy tripod
- Memory cards and extra batteries
- Dress warmly (it can get chilly at night!)
- Understanding basic settings for nighttime photography.
- Adjusting ISO, shutter speed, and aperture for different situations.
- White balance considerations
- How to create stunning star trail images.
- Calculating exposure times for star trails.
- Practical demonstration and hands-on practice
Milky Way Photography (If conditions are right):
- Discussion on the advantages of Spring to Autumn stargazing for Milky Way Photography.
- Tips for capturing the Milky Way (it may not be visible - but we will discuss this).
- Bring your fastest and widest lens you have for MW shots.
- Post-processing techniques for enhancing your astro photos.
Q&A and Wrap-Up:
Open floor for questions and clarifications. Sharing your experiences and favorite shots from the workshop
While the following items are not essential, they can enhance your astro photography experience:
- Off-camera shutter release
- Intervalometer for time-lapse photography
- Red flashlight for preserving night vision
- Smartphone apps for star and constellation identification
What to Expect:
- Weather-dependent photography, with an emphasis on creative compositions under various conditions.
- Expert guidance and hands-on practice.
- The opportunity to meet fellow photography enthusiasts and share experiences.
Note: Please bring your own camera and tripod. Ensure your camera batteries are fully charged, and you have ample storage space on your memory cards.
We hope you'll join us for this exciting adventure into the night sky. Don't forget to dress warmly and bring your enthusiasm for capturing the cosmos!
We will be meeting on site at this location - https://w3w.co/ramble.dent.eventful
Parking is free - There isn't a specific car park. but there are parking spots along the roadside.
There are no public transport routes nearby, so car would be the easiest way.
- Ticket type
Knowlton Astro & MWPrice£79.00