Fri, 01 Feb|
Light Painting Workshop | Model Photo Shoot (Feb19)
Light Painting can be really spectacular, if done right. I'll show you how to create art with light. Join me and we'll have some fun in the process too.
Time & Location
01 Feb 2019, 18:00 – 20:00
The Bandstand, Southsea, Portsmouth, Southsea PO5 3NT, UK
About The Event
LIGHT PAINTING / LONG EXPOSURE
Light painting is an imaging technique that uses a moving light source to add light to an under-illuminated subject (or night scene) while taking a long-exposure photograph. A scene or object can be brought to life by painting with a beam of light!
This is NOT a Beginner Photography Workshop. It is understood that you know how to use your camera as I will not have time to teach this on the workshop. I have other workshops on Beginner Photography and Long Exposure Photography.
- An introduction to Light Painting and the principles of how to set your camera up.
- Showcase of how to get detailed Shapes using a model as the interest.
- A short tour The Bandstand to the Rock Gardens (For reflection shots). Setting up for [and executing] these shots will take time, so there will only be two locations on this workshop.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a wide angle lens, that would be beneficial.
- Tripod - Definitely essential.
- Off-Camera Shutter Release - this is essential as we will be taking exposure of up to 1 minute, or 90 seconds. Please learn how to use it before the workshop, as I may not have time to teach this on the night.
- Food or means to buy food (This is not supplied on the Workshop) - snacks and water.
Any kind of light source. I will be using my light wands (Light Sabres), of varying colours. And will have a few other tricks up my sleeve, so don't worry if you do not have anything.
Parking is free after 6pm on the main road.
Andy Hornby may record video for my YouTube Channel, so if you prefer not to be on camera, please let me know on the day and I will do my best to exclude you from the Vlog.
Andy Hornby assumes no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or in transit thereto.
Andy Hornby can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided.
Andy Hornby reserves the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the workshop we will provide a full refund which the participants acknowledge as full and final settlement.
There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property. By joining the workshop participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop. Further, they release the photographer from any liability. We will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a workshop.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that Andy Hornby Photography may contact you from time to time, via email. This will only be to let you know when the event is, and a reminder a few days before. Andy Hornby may also ask for a review, so you may get an email after the event also.
If you have any issues, please contact Andy on info@Andy-Hornby.co.uk
Light Painting Workshop£55.00