Mon, 03 May|
Meet outside Domino's Pizza
Natural Light Portraiture Workshop (May-2021)
This is a PORTFOLIO BUILDING WORKSHOP, which means you get to not only learn how to create amazing images, but you have the opportunity to work with a model at the workshop, to create images to build your portfolio.
Time & Location
03 May 2021, 12:00
Meet outside Domino's Pizza, Unit A 3500, Solent Business Park, Parkway, Whiteley, Fareham PO15 7AL, UK
About The Event
This is a Portfolio Building Workshop.
We will be utilising the area around Whitely Business district. Meeting near to Dominos Pizza. The area is filled with natural greenery, trees and lakes. However, it is also filled with lots of buildings, that can be used to add dimention to your images.
From start to finish, we will be looking at natural light, and improvised lighting situations (to include reflectors).
This is going to be a very popular Workshop and I imagine tickets will sell fast. If I fill this event, I may get a second model, so we can all split up and get images.
2 Classes of 2 hours - Andy will do this Workshop twice on the same day. Tickets will be open for the first class first, and once that is filled, the tickets for the second class will be open for purchase.
- Class 1 - 12pm - 2pm (4 people Max)
- Class 2 - 2pm - 4pm (4 people Max)
- Reflectors - how to use reflected light and more importantly, WHEN to use it.
- Shooting - how to get the right exposure in different shooting environments. How to shoot in manual! How to set your composition to include the essentials and leave out the non-essentials.
- RELEASES ARE PROVIDED FOR EACH ATTENDEE FOR THE MODEL. THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR THE RELEASE.
- Tuition and guidance provided throughout the event, on both a one to one and group basis, to maximise your potential. In other words, there is something for everyone to be able to do based on their respective skill level. Enough to help the newer photographers without boring the more experienced ones...:)
- Throughout the workshop, Andy will CC on your images.
- You leave with full understanding of the settings used and have the ability to replicate the same elsewhere.
- Camera and lenses - doesn't matter what you have. I can work with most camera manufacturers (I use Canon and Sony - So I will know more about them). If you have a portrait lens (something from 50mm, 70mm up to 200mm), that would be beneficial.
Non Essential Gear;
- Reflectors - I will be bringing a couple, so don't feel light you have to. But if you have any, please bring them along.
- Please bring all of the other gear you have including monopods, tripods etc. Also make sure to charge all of your gear 100% prior to the shoot so you don't end up running out. Make sure to clear your memory cards and have at least 16GB available to shoot with. I personally recommend even more if you can. I will encourage you to shoot in RAW so having the appropriate amount of memory is very important.
Parking is free for 2 hours, so I sugest parking on the main road, so you do not need to move your car.
Please bring snacks and bottled water as many of the places we go will not have any services available for food and beverage.
Need to find Hotel or AirBnB accommodation nearby
Please check out my page to help you find somewhere to stay - https://www.ahphotographyworkshops.uk/your-stay